Maggie L. Walker was an African American mother, teacher, businesswoman, community leader, a civil rights activist, and the first female bank president in the United States. She founded the St. Luke Penny Savings Bank in 1903 as a result of her dedication to the Independent Order of St. Luke, an organization that cared for the sick and promoted humanitarian causes. The bank later merged with two other banks and is still in operation today as Consolidated Bank and Trust, the oldest existing African American-owned and operated business in the U.S. Through her accomplishments, Maggie offered tangible improvements in the way of life for African Americans and women. We are proud and honored to now welcome Maggie into our Hall of Genius.
- Fully-lined with 6 layers of absorbent, 100% organic cotton
- Proprietary elastic designed specifically for cloth diapers
- Waterproof outer cover prevents leaks
- Accessible, replaceable, gentle elastic
- Durable plastic snaps
- 3x3 snap down design adjusts the sizing to fit small, medium and large sizes (approximately 8-35+ pounds)
- Trim, snug and comfortable stretchy tabs provide a custom fit